Government Information Specialist (Privacy), Department of Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services, Dallas, TX
Your duties will include:
- Communicates and coordinates with USCIS leadership, management and staff at program offices within respective region on privacy requirements and initiatives. Advises on privacy concepts, operations, controls and related technologies.
- Coordinates and ensures the completion of all required privacy compliance documentation and reporting, including Privacy-Threshold Analyses (PTAs), Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs), System of Record Notices (SORNs) and the annual report of privacy compliance as required by the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and Homeland Security Act.
- Conducts and directs privacy audits throughout the assigned region of responsibility, and identifies and plans corrective and remedial measures.
- Facilitates and conducts Privacy Awareness Training and briefings to internal and external customers.
- Develops documents, logs, and databases to manage and track ongoing privacy compliance projects. Summarizes each step for leadership and supervisory reports, presents and reports requirements, and conducts quality control at each step.
Application Submission Information:
Your application must be received by 11:59PM EST on Friday, April 12, 2013. To begin your online application, click the Apply Online button and follow the prompts to register or sign into USAJOBS, take the online questionnaire, and submit the required documents. See Required Documents section for more detail.
If you are a Federal employee and have received a current performance rating, it is strongly encouraged that a copy accompanies your application submission. Doing so allows the selecting official access to all information surrounding your potential to fulfill the duties and responsibilities commensurate of the position being considered for. Failure to provide may impede the selecting official's understanding of the qualifications and experience that you possess.
We strongly encourage you to apply online. (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/340809200?share=email) If you cannot apply online, you must contact the Human Resource office listed below at least one day prior to the closing date for instructions. Applications will not be accepted by mail.
To Fax a Resume or Supporting Documents:
If you previously uploaded documents to this vacancy, please do not FAX the same documents. If you need to fax a part of your documentation:
- Use the official FAX coversheet found here.
- Make sure that you include the 8-character vacancy identification number: "MB867837”.
- Provide your SSN, name, and address in the blocks provided or we will not be able to associate your document(s) with the rest of your application.
- Print your SSN and Name neatly using the exact name as the one used when you filled out the assessment questionnaire.
- The fax number is 1-478-757-3144.