UK—ICO issues guidance on deleting personal data
For modern day businesses, it is now virtually the norm to store documents in electronic format rather than in paper copy. Employees exchanging e-mails between themselves and with the outside world is now, alongside the telephone, the main means of corporate communication. With this in mind, organisations need to have not only well thought-through business continuity solutions but also strong archiving systems. It is the latter and operating them in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) that the ICO guidance comments on.
Already a member?
You must be logged in to access this content. Log in now to proceed.
Not an IAPP member?
It's easy and affordable to become an IAPP member, and you'll get access to the following great benefits:
- News. You’re busy. We make it easy to stay on top of the headlines.
- Networking. It’s all about who you know. Targeted online and in-person channels give you access to the people you want to meet.
- Certification. Skilled privacy pros are in high demand. We can help you advance your career and increase your earning potential.
- Resources. The newly revamped Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for practical tools and research to help you tackle your biggest challenges.
- Alerts. The Privacy Tracker blog sorts through the clutter and gets to the heart of breaking legislative developments.
...and much more!