Have questions? Need advice? Connect with the IAPP community online to exchange ideas, share best practices and discuss privacy issues and concerns.
The IAPP Privacy List provides a friendly forum for the exchange of ideas and information related to a broad scope of subjects.
Subscribe now to the Privacy List.
The Privacy List is a friendly medium where discussions are conducted in a courteous, supportive atmosphere. A wide range of views are represented here and all are encouraged to share their opinion in a respectful, constructive way.
When you subscribe to the Privacy List, every item posted to the list is e-mailed directly to you. When you post to the list your e-mail is automatically sent to every subscriber. Posting on our list is reserved for IAPP members who have subscribed.
All posts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic as the subject and the question or comment in the body.
The Privacy List is moderated, which means messages are reviewed before being posted. The IAPP retains the right to modify or block any messages not compliant with our guidelines. The following are unacceptable uses:
- Petitions, jokes, slander, chain letters, alerts, calls to action, resume posting, job announcements and personal ventures
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or other illegal materials
- Political rants, endorsement or discussions
- Marketing services, business solicitations or commercial postings
Unsubscribe from the Privacy List
At the bottom of every message you receive from the Privacy List, you’ll find a link allowing you to unsubscribe. You may also unsubscribe by logging into listbox.com/member (see below).
Modify your subscription settings
You may change your subscription settings by logging in to www.listbox.com/member or by clicking the “Modify Your Subscription” link from the bottom of any Privacy List e-mail. Enter your registered e-mail address and the name of the list. If you previously created a password and have forgotten it, you will have the option to have it resent to you.
Once you’ve logged in, you may choose to put messages on hold, resume receiving messages, create a password for future visits, or choose to only receive messages via RSS feed (see below).
Receiving Privacy List messages via RSS
Log in to www.listbox.com/member (see above). Select “Receive No E-mail (RSS only)” from the available options. If you have installed RSS feed-reading software, enter the RSS feed URL that appears on your account settings page into that program. You may also view the RSS feed in your Internet browser by pasting the same URL into the browser’s search bar.
Privacy List Archives
You can access an archive of all Privacy List posts once you subscribe. Just follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.listbox.com/member/
- Enter the e-mail address at which you receive Privacy List postings, and the Mailing List ID: PrivacyListserv@listbox.com
- Click the “Archives” tab at the top of the page.
The Privacy List archives are a great resource for seeing what hot topics have been covered. Click here to see some of the conversations that happened this past month.
IAPP Privacy List Policies
- All content that users contribute via e-mail to the IAPP Privacy List becomes the property of the IAPP and may be published on the IAPP Web site or other locations at the IAPP’s discretion. If you do not wish to share certain information with the public, do not include it in your posting.
- We will never sell or exchange users’ names or e-mail addresses with any other party or organization without the explicit permission of the user.
- We strongly support Internet privacy and oppose the unsolicited sending of messages (SPAM). We reserve the right to interpret whether activities constitute spamming or other unauthorized violations. If we determine that spamming or other activities that violate our published guidelines are occurring, we reserve the right to terminate list subscriptions without advance notice.
- We require that our members abide by all copyright, obscenity and other laws governing content of publications in the United States of America.
- We reserve the right to block access to or from any IP address, mail server, domain or e-mail address without warning or recourse.
- The IAPP does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any posted information or content contained, distributed through, linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this list. Any reliance upon materials or information from the list shall be used at the subscriber’s risk.