Sr. Global Privacy Compliance Director, McDonald’s Corporation, Oak Brook, IL
McDonald’s Privacy Compliance Director will provide support in the management of all aspects of privacy compliance with applicable legal, regulatory, and organizational requirements and will support and monitor privacy compliance across the company.
Detailed Position Description:
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws and standards and, in cooperation with McDonald’s Technology Assurance team, monitors advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
- Provides guidance and assists in the implementation and maintenance of McDonald’s information privacy policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with and assists the business and technology areas to develop corrective action plans for identified privacy compliance issues.
- Performs periodic information privacy assessment and conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities and risk mitigation.
- Works with legal counsel in international markets and management, key departments and committees to ensure that McDonald’s has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality information notices and materials reflecting our practices and requirements.
- Oversees, directs and manages delivery of privacy training in both the U.S. and international markets to McDonald’s employees and appropriate other third parties.
- Works closely with third party marketing/advertising agencies in the development and review of online creative content to comply with COPPA/CAN-SPAM requirements, as well as with McDonald’s internal policies.
- Provides guidance to teams within McDonald’s Legal Department in the negotiation and implementation of contractual provisions to address required privacy provisions from third party contractors, suppliers and agencies.
- Formulate enterprise-wide privacy policies and procedures, consistent with applicable U.S. and global laws.
- Create content and guide delivery of roles-based education and awareness of privacy issues and their impact to our brand and business.
- Act as the company’s privacy subject matter expert with knowledge of applicable state, federal and international laws and regulations including the FTC Act, CAN-SPAM, HIPAA/HITECH and laws and regulations related to employee privacy, and other global laws and regulations including those implementing the EU Data Protection Directives.
- Through on-going privacy risk assessments, identify areas of potential brand impact and legal consideration and propose and drive solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of the relevant information technology systems and applications to drive systematic solutions and improvements.
- Liaise with privacy professionals at peer companies and industry organizations.
- Partner with company’s government affairs department on legislative and regulatory initiatives related to privacy affecting the company’s business.
- The candidate should have a deep working knowledge of state, federal and international privacy laws, and regulations.
- Advanced understanding of US privacy trends, best practices and legal and regulatory obligations; knowledgeable of global privacy trends and legal obligations.
- Knowledge of U.S. privacy laws relating to online marketing and children’s online protection.
- Basic technical understanding relating to IT environments and cloud computing.
- Experience managing privacy programs from inception to operation, including privacy risk and compliance management, metrics tracking, privacy training development and deployment, incident management.
- Knowledge of global privacy regulations and compliance methods.
- Able to independently prioritize and focus workload.
- Able to project manage and work across multiple teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented.
- High level of initiative and motivation.
- Excellent problem recognition and resolution skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, ideally technical writing ability.
- Influencing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, JD or equivalent is a plus.
- Certification as a Certified Information Privacy Professional highly desired.
- Recognized subject matter expert within the privacy profession.
Application Submission Information:
Please apply online at: http://www.aboutmcdonalds.com (reference requisition number: 2959BR)