Privacy Analyst – Finance and Risk Management, Alberta Blue Cross, Edmonton, AB
Responds to internal and external inquiries and complaints, conducting privacy impact risk assessments, maintaining training programming, supporting the Privacy Compliance Officer as required and participating in the Privacy Issues working group that addresses current operational and corporate compliance issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts privacy incident investigations (from root causes to corrective action) and provides timely response, recommendations and on-going support for resolution, if needed.
- Works with the Privacy Compliance Officer on privacy impact assessments and major business initiatives and processes.
- Maintains the privacy training program for new and current employees -- and provides additional specific training to departments or roles/projects as needed.
- Communicates privacy best practices via our intranet site and employee newsletter.
- Stays abreast of privacy legislation, best practices and industry trends affecting privacy and data security concerns relating to Alberta Blue Cross business practices and customer expectations. This includes attendance at professional development sessions and regional conferences.
- Keeps current with privacy legislation, best practices and industry trends affecting privacy and data security relating to Alberta Blue Cross business practices and customer expectations.
- Participates in professional development initiatives and acquires and maintains appropriate privacy certification.
- Active member of the Privacy Issues group that meets on a regular basis. Works closely, as required, with the Privacy Compliance Officer on specific privacy-related issues or broader corporate initiatives.
Skills and Knowledge:
- A minimum of one year of directly related experience in privacy.
- A related undergraduate degree.
- Willingness to pursue formal privacy and data security training is essential.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of privacy principles and practices, legislation and investigative processes.
- Proven track record in paying high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which have led to productive working relationships.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency through exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proven commitment to the delivery of superior service to customers.
- Superior analytical and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Application Submission Information:
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please submit your resume and salary expectations to www.ab.bluecross.ca.