Opelika Power Services Customer Smart Grid Bill of Rights
The City Council of Opelika, Alabama, appointed a committee to create the Opelika Power Services Customer Smart Grid Bill of Rights, which was approved by the council in September of 2012. The policy gives customers rights related to how the utility uses the information it collects through smart grid technology. The rights include the right to be informed, the right to privacy, the right to options and the right to data security.
Already a member?
You must be logged in to access this content. Log in now to proceed.
Not an IAPP member?
It's easy and affordable to become an IAPP member, and you'll get access to the following great benefits:
- News. You’re busy. We make it easy to stay on top of the headlines.
- Networking. It’s all about who you know. Targeted online and in-person channels give you access to the people you want to meet.
- Certification. Skilled privacy pros are in high demand. We can help you advance your career and increase your earning potential.
- Resources. The newly revamped Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for practical tools and research to help you tackle your biggest challenges.
- Alerts. The Privacy Tracker blog sorts through the clutter and gets to the heart of breaking legislative developments.
...and much more!