Lead Counsel, Privacy and Data Protection, McKesson Corporation, Alpharetta, GA; San Francisco, CA; Houston, TX; or Westminster, CO
As the Law Department’s subject matter expert on Privacy & Data Protection, Senior Counsel will provide privacy law advice in support of McKesson businesses and enterprise-wide risk evaluation and mitigation strategy for privacy and data protection.
- Legal analysis and advice on privacy and data protection topics, including HIPAA, EU Safe Harbor, FTC, state privacy and data breach laws, etc.
- Responsibility for the legal evaluation of data-related incidents and for guiding their resolution consistent with applicable law and sound business practices.
- Developing legal standards for enterprise-level policies and training, and supporting the development and implementation of business-specific processes and procedures, training, and other controls.
- Developing standards for and managing the consistent negotiation of Business Associate Agreements and collaborating with Business Unit and Sales Attorneys to support the analysis, preparation, drafting and/or negotiation of pertinent aspects of commercial agreements.
- Monitoring and evaluating evolving laws and regulations (U.S. and international), in collaboration with Regulatory Law Group colleagues, to help maintain compliance and guide the business toward opportunity.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with a firm and/or in-house.
- Plus factors include experience counseling participants in the healthcare industry, and CIPP or similar professional certification.
The successful candidate will:
- Bring a depth of knowledge and experience with privacy and data security laws and regulations and will have the ability to translate that knowledge to deliver relevant and actionable guidance to the business.
- Possess excellent legal judgment and the ability to be both pragmatic/business-oriented and strategic.
- Be capable of leading or supporting investigations and, upon the identification of root cause, guiding resolution, communicating findings, and advising senior management on risks and appropriate responses.
- Excel when working independently and collaboratively, have a record of developing strong working relationships with a diverse client base, and lead at all levels across the organization.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage many projects simultaneously.
Application Submission Information:
Apply online to: https://careers.mckesson.com?languageCd=ENG&JobOpeningId=79928