Corporate Privacy Executive (CPE), Northrop Grumman Corporation, Falls Church, VA
The Corporate Privacy Executive will reside in Falls Church, VA, and report to the President, Enterprise Shared Services (ESS). In this newly created position, the Corporate Privacy Executive will leverage and coordinate current processes and efforts in partnership with and support of Corporate and Sector-level leadership to implement and maintain the corporate global Privacy and Data Protection programs.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of corporate policies and procedures globally relating to privacy compliance and information management risk. Execute the Privacy governance strategies on behalf of the corporation.
- Provide consultative support to the business on initiatives involving the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
- Lead the enterprise Privacy Council in partnership with Security, Information Security, Compliance Officer, Import/Export Control, other corporate functions, and sectors to ensure compliance with internal policies and applicable US and international laws and regulations.
- Soundly manage data risk and anticipate, inform, and shape the company’s response to key external developments.
- Drive privacy initiatives through education and awareness training and development of privacy impact assessments.
- Partner with procurement and legal functions to ensure third-party suppliers’ contracts and operating level agreements meet privacy requirements.
- Identify, classify, and inventory data and the respective degree of protection warranted considering risk tolerance, protection, and productivity.
- Lead and enhance the Incident Management and Response Process.
- Consult on projects and initiatives on personal information access, usage, retention, and regulatory and contractual compliance.
- Create metrics to monitor the health of the policies, procedures, processes, and operations related to privacy and protection of information.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of ten years of privacy, data or information management or security related experience, with experience in global implementation issues. Appropriate equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Effective experience managing, designing and executing compliance policies, programs, and procedures for a comparable sized, complex organization.
- Strong knowledge of U.S and global privacy laws and practices, preferable in high tech, information sector.
- Ability to understand application architecture, software development and common software platforms, (e.g. web services).
- Demonstrated abilities in setting and meeting objectives, while reacting within a growing and changing internal and external environment are a must.
- Ability to lead and influence without direct authority.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to effectively bring projects to completion across a globally integrated enterprise.
- A flexible approach to work, an understanding of working collaboratively on a team, and the willingness to be an active and supportive member of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to use them in informing, presenting, negotiating and problem solving with a wide range of people.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret/ SCI security clearance.
- Advanced degree in appropriate discipline from an accredited educational institution.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) and/or other related qualifications.
- Proven experience leading a global privacy program.
- Experience in the aerospace and defense industry.
- Understating of internet and mobile industry operations, technologies and practices used to collect, store, access, transmit, and retain data.
- Active/ transferable Top Secret/ SCI security clearance.
Application Submission Information:
Individuals interested in being considered for this opportunity should apply directly to the Northrop Grumman Careers Website at: http://careers.northropgrumman.com/
Requisition Number 13011835