Information for Speakers
Thank you for participating in the upcoming IAPP Global Privacy Summit. As a speaker, you are required to submit materials on key dates. Please see these important deadlines:
Check the online schedule to see your session date and time
- To support your session and assist with marketing efforts, your original title and description may have been modified. It’s very important that these revisions are incorporated into the presentation you present at the event.
Reserve your hotel room at the IAPP discounted group rate
- The hotel is expected to sell out so please book early!
- Click here to get information on booking your travel arrangements.
Check your bio and headshot
- Speaker bios and headshots that we have on file have been posted on this site. If yours are missing or outdated, please e-mail your files or updates to Events Coordinator Lindsay Moulton, CIPP/US. Bios should be 100 words maximum, and headshots must be high-resolution (.jpeg or .tiff format, 300 dpi or better).
January 10: Session outline due to chair
- Create an outline of how you wish to run your session and submit it to your program chair. He/she will provide feedback for you to start building your presentation.
January 15 and 16 at 1 p.m. EST: Speaker orientation call
- Presenters and chairs are required to participate in one call with IAPP Publications Director Sam Pfeifle.
- You decide which call you'd like to participate in.
- The call will review logistics of the event, deadlines and tips on how to have a successful session.
- You will receive instructions on how to call in from Events Coordinator Lindsay Moulton.
January 21: First draft of presentation due
- Please send your PowerPoint or other completed presentation by end of day to your program chair for review.
- A PowerPoint template is available for your use. If you use it, please follow the guidelines noted within the template.
February 7: Registration due
- All speakers and program chairs are required to register online for the event. Please click here to register and enter your speaker password. If you do not have a speaker password, please e-mail Events Coordinator Lindsay Moulton.
February 10: Final presentation and special A/V needs due
- Please send an electronic copy of your presentation and handouts by end of day to your program chair for review.
- Panels are required to combine their presentations into one deck.
- Presenters are required to bring their own laptops pre-loaded with their presentation to the event. Any Mac users must bring their adapters in order to plug into the A/V projector.
- If you have special A/V needs, please notify your program chair.
Check out the Speaker Ready Room, where you can talk to other speakers and prepare for your own presentation.
Speaker Ready Room
Wednesday, March 5, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Thursday, March 6, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, March 7, 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Failure to provide these items will result in cancellation of your speaking slot.
- Any changes to speakers, including substitutions within a panel, must be approved by the IAPP. Please e-mail Events Coordinator Lindsay Moulton immediately if you need to make adjustments.
For more information and guidelines about providing level-appropriate content to your audiences, please visit the Speaker Resources page.