Despite winter weather, the IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2013 was an incredible success. Attendees experienced world-class educational sessions led by the top minds in privacy and data protection; diverse networking opportunities that included the fantastic Privacy Bash at the Newseum; and a keynote lineup that featured The Economist’s Kenneth Cukier, Oxford University’s Viktor Mayer-Schönberger and Harvard’s Cass R. Sunstein, plus a special keynote from new FTC Chairman Edith Ramirez.
Additionally, IAPP President & CEO Trevor Hughes introduced two extremely exciting developments at the IAPP: the creation of the Westin Fellowship Program and the addition of the Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) designation.
Read some of the press coverage from the Summit:
- ADWEEK: New FTC Chair Ramirez Outlines Privacy Stance: Won't shy away from enforcement actions
- The Wall Street Journal: FTC Chief Watching Privacy in Everyday Devices
- The Hill: New FTC chief vows online privacy push
- Bloomberg News: Web Privacy Crackdown to Continue, FTC Head Ramirez Says
- Washington Post: The Circuit: FTC releases guidelines on mobile payments
- Politico: Ramirez keynote driving the day - Cyber back at center stage on Hill - Cellphone unlocking bills fly - Who might be the next FCC chief?
Plus, watch this video from Senator Al Franken that aired during the Legislative Update session led by Stuart Ingis and key Congressional staffers.
View presentations from the Summit.