Become an IAPP Exam Item Writer
The IAPP is seeking qualified candidates to assist with item development for our certification programs. If you are looking for a way to share your professional knowledge while learning useful skills, this is your opportunity!
Item Writer Responsibilities
All item writers will receive instruction on how to construct sound, high-quality items that are later reviewed for inclusion in our examination test bank. You may be asked to write items and/or review them collaboratively with your peers.
Item Writer Expectations
- Agree to write items that align with development specifications (number of items will vary, but no more than 15 items per year)
- Access the necessary reference materials to research, write and provide references for all items written
- Agree to carefully review items for blueprint alignment, accessibility and content correctness
- Affirm all terms outlined in the IAPP item writers agreement
- Commit for at least two years
- Current IAPP member
- Certified in the credential program to which you will contribute
- Professional experience and knowledge of privacy laws and practices
- Enthusiasm for promoting privacy certification and education programs
- Item writing experience or test development experience is helpful but not required
- Engage in a dynamic professional development activity with colleagues from diverse geographic locations
- Promote the privacy profession by ensuring that the IAPP’s privacy certification exams consist of sound, discriminating questions
- Receive continuing privacy education (CPE) credits upon completion of item-writing/review assignment
- Receive up to four additional CPE credits for items written following the workshop (two CPE credits granted per five items written)
How to Apply
Please complete the item writer application form. Include your resume or curriculum vitae.
We will contact you if our current item bank needs match your area of expertise and certification.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.