The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource, helping practitioners develop and advance their careers and organizations manage and protect their data. Founded in 2000, the IAPP is a not-for-profit association that helps define, support and improve the privacy profession through networking, education and certification. More than just a professional association, the IAPP provides a home for privacy professionals around the world to gather, share experiences and enrich their knowledge.
The Training Specialist is a member of the IAPP Certification and Training group, which develops, maintains and implements multiple training and certification programs for privacy/data protection professionals. This position will share responsibility for the development and delivery of instructor-led and online training programs and materials. This is a new position required by our rapidly-expanding offerings to information privacy professionals.
This role is an opportunity for a passionate instructional professional to join a dynamic team dedicated to doing world-class work in one of today’s most rapidly growing professions.
The ideal candidate will be an adaptable, flexible team player who thrives in a fast-paced, fluid work environment where excellence is valued. The Training Specialist will hold a degree in training, instructional design or related field, have a minimum of 2 years of experience in training, instructional design and/or adult education and have a proven ability to collaborate with teams across the organization to get stuff done. The ideal candidate will have expertise in the development of interactive online training programs .
- Work with the Certification Training Manager to ensure that all training materials are delivered according to budget and on-time.
- Work with the Certification Training Manager and the Certification Training Coordinator to ensure efficient, effective delivery of live training events
- Work with the IAPP Privacy Faculty (contacted privacy professionals) to ensure accurate, effective training programs
- Work with Subject Matter Experts and vendors to develop, edit, revise, maintain and publish training materials (slides, guides, etc.).
- Work with vendors to adapt training materials for online delivery.
- Revise training slide decks as appropriate between revision cycles to ensure up-to-date presentations.
- Review feedback from training sessions and revise materials as appropriate.
- Research and recommend additional technology-based formats for IAPP privacy training materials.
- A passion for creating and delivering outstanding training programs for practicing professionals
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with adapting training programs to electronic format (iSpring or similar application) and working with scripts and presenters highly desired
- Proven ability to work with a team in a fast-paced work environment with simultaneous projects
- Basic knowledge of information privacy valuable but not essential
- Available for some travel (approximately 10%), including international
- Bachelor’s degree in training, instructional design, adult education or related field and a minimum of two years’ experience in the development and delivery of professional training
- Most importantly, the ability and desire to learn new things
What We Offer:
Working at the IAPP is an opportunity like no other. In addition to a competitive compensation package, including base salary, bonus and a full range of benefits, the IAPP offers a creative, supportive and flexible environment. Other perks include casual dress, a dog-friendly office, summer hours, and sabbaticals after seven years of service. We work in a “get-stuff-done” culture that values fun, excellence, balance, communication, respect, personal and professional growth, and an entrepreneurial attitude.
Application Submission Information:
Want to be part of our dynamic and rapidly growing organization? E-mail your resume, accompanied by a cover letter documenting how your experience fits our requirements, to Nikki Grassis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pease International Tradeport
75 Rochester Ave., Suite 4
Portsmouth, NH 03801 USA
Phone: +1 603.427.9200