IAPP Announces Appointments to New European Advisory Board
European Privacy Experts Will Inform Expansion of IAPP Europe
YORK, Maine – January 6, 2010 — The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is pleased to announce the appointment of 21 privacy professionals to its newly formed European Advisory Board for IAPP Europe.
IAPP Europe is a new community that offers education, networking and certification opportunities tailored to the unique challenges and needs of European privacy and data protection professionals. The European Advisory Board will work closely with IAPP global headquarters to identify the emerging privacy issues in Europe across countries and industry sectors.
The Board is composed of privacy professionals representing government, technology, consultants, communications and marketing services.
“We are pleased to have an esteemed group of highly committed and qualified European privacy and data protection experts guide us on how we can best serve our members in Europe,” said IAPP Executive Director J. Trevor Hughes, CIPP. “The formation of this board demonstrates our commitment to providing meaningful, targeted services to our members worldwide.
Hughes today announced the appointment of these data protection experts to serve on the inaugural European Advisory Board:
- Bojana Bellamy, Director of Data Privacy, Accenture
- Ruth Boardman, Partner, Bird & Bird
- Gary Davis, Deputy Commissioner, Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, Ireland
- Rafael Garcia Gozalo, Head of the International Department, Spanish Data Protection Authority
- Pascale Gelly, Cabinet Gelly, AFCDP Board Member
- Sue Gold, Executive Counsel, The Walt Disney Company Limited
- Christoph Klug, Managing Director, German Association for Data Protection and Data Security (GDD)
- Gabriela Krader, Data Protection Officer, Deutsche Post
- Christopher Kuner, Partner, Hunton & Williams
- Denise Lebeau-Marianna, Partner - Avocat à la cour, ITC Department, Baker & McKenzie SCP, Paris, France
- Xavier Leclerc, Vice President AFCDP, Managing Director Axil-Consultants
- Neil Matthews, UK Privacy Officer, Acxiom Limited
- Rocco Panetta, Partner, Panetta & Associati – Studio Legale, Rome, Italy
- Florence Raynal, Head of International and European Affairs of the CNIL
- David Smith, Deputy Commissioner, Information Commissioner’s Office (UK)
- Toby Stevens, Director, Enterprise Privacy Group
- Florian Thoma, Chief Data Protection Officer, Siemens, Munich (Germany)
- Richard Thomas CBE LLD, UK Information Commissioner (2002-9)
- Henriette (“Jetty”) Tielemans, Partner, Co-Chair of the Global Privacy and Data Security Group, Covington & Burling LLP
- Bridget Treacy, Partner, Hunton & Williams
- Eduardo Ustaran, Partner and Head of the Privacy and Information Law Group, Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP
More information about IAPP Europe is available at http://www.privacyassociation.org/europe.
About the IAPP
The International Association of Privacy Professionals is the world’s largest association of privacy professionals with more than 6,400 members across 50 countries. The IAPP helps to define and support the privacy profession through networking, education and certification. More information about the IAPP is available at www.privacyassociation.org.
For more information, press only:
International Association of Privacy Professionals
+1 (207) 351.1500