IAPP Announces Appointments To New Education Advisory Board
Privacy pros with experience in diverse industries and disciplines are working with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), the world's largest association for the privacy profession, to identify educational programming that captures emerging privacy issues while offering a range of advanced and general topics across industry sectors.
"The IAPP has been known for six years as the leading provider of privacy education, certification and networking for the growing ranks of privacy professionals," said IAPP Board President, Kirk M. Herath, CIPP/G, Associate Vice President, Chief Privacy Officer, Nationwide Insurance Companies. "The Education Advisory Board is another strong resource that will continue to reinforce and strengthen the IAPP's ability to deliver leading international privacy programming."
The 19-member committee is comprised of privacy pros representing financial services, healthcare, marketing, higher education, government, consultants, online services and information technology services.
J. Trevor Hughes, the Executive Director of the IAPP, today announced the appointment of these IAPP members to serve on the inaugural Education Advisory Board:
- Deborah Butler, Chief Privacy Officer, Unisys Corporation
- Mary Ellen Callahan, CIPP, Partner, Hogan & Hartson
- Janet Chapman, Chief Privacy Officer, The Charles Schwab Corp.
- Jay Cline, CIPP, President, Minnesota Privacy Consultants
- Mike Drobac, CIPP, Global Private Client Privacy Office, Merrill Lynch
- Dean Forbes, CIPP, Director, Corporate Privacy, Schering-Plough Corp.
- Reed Freeman, CIPP, Partner, Kelley Drye Collier Shannon
- Stuart Ingis, Partner, Venable LLP
- Eva Kleederman, CIPP/G, Deputy for Privacy, Civil Liberties and Privacy Office, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Jacqueline Klosek, CIPP, Associate, Goodwin Procter LLP
- James Koenig, CIPP, Co-Leader Privacy Practice, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Sachin Kothari, Business Manager, Privacy SME, AT&T Inc.
- Sagi Leizerov, CIPP, Senior Manager, Technology & Security Risk Services, Ernst & Young
- David Lindstrom, CIPP/G, Chief Privacy Officer, Pennsylvania State University
- Melissa Mitchell, Attorney, Vorys, Sater, Seymour, and Pease
- Emily Mossburg, CIPP, Senior Manager, Deloitte & Touche LLP, Enterprise Risk Services, Security and Privacy Services Group
- Brian O'Connor, CIPP, Chief Privacy Officer, Kodak
- Rebecca Richards, CIPP/G
- Eduardo Ustaran, Partner, Field Fisher Waterhouse
- Sara Wood, CIPP, Senior Manager, Customer Privacy, Best Buy
The board's first mission was to cull through more than 200 IAPP Privacy Summit 07 session proposals submitted for programming consideration. The Education Advisory Board carefully reviewed the proposals and helped the IAPP craft programming for the IAPP Privacy Summit 07.
The board identified several priorities, including offering Summit attendees sessions on third-party relationships and auditing; government efforts to collect personal information from private-sector databases; and direct access to regulators - including Deborah Platt Majoras, Chairman of the Federal Trade Commission and Richard Thomas, Information Commissioner of the UK, two of the keynote speakers.
The Summit is expected to draw the largest gathering of privacy pros in the world, March 7-9, to the Renaissance Washington DC Hotel.