Certification Product Manager
The Certification Product Manager is a member of the IAPP Certification and Training group, which develops, maintains and implements multiple certification and training programs for privacy/data protection professionals. This position will be responsible for the development of certification textbooks, the quality and consistency of certification products, and the management of projects across the certification team.
This role is an opportunity for a passionate product management professional to join a dynamic team dedicated to doing world-class work in one of today’s most rapidly growing professions.
The ideal candidate will be an adaptable, flexible team player who thrives in a fast-paced, fluid work environment where excellence is valued. The Certification Product Manager will hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, have a minimum of 3 years of experience in project management and have a proven ability to collaborate with teams across the organization to get stuff done. The ideal candidate must have a passion for content and for learning about the field of information privacy and data protection.
- Ensure that all textbook projects are delivered within scope, on budget and on-time.
- Maintain and manage project schedules for all certification products and tasks.
- Manage the product life cycle of all the IAPP certification products.
- Draft and review contracts for engagement with the IAPP and outside organizations.
- Proactively gather feedback about products and revise accordingly.
- Proactively follows sales status and market trends to recommend new products.
- Proactively follows changes in global privacy and data protection legislation and makes recommendations on product revisions.
- Maintain the certification area of the IAPP website, including availability of free material
- Work with subject matter experts and vendors to develop, edit, revise, maintain and publish textbooks, glossaries, reading lists, study guides, handbooks, and other supplemental materials.
- Work with vendors to adapt textbooks to e-Book formats.
- Research and recommend additional technology-based formats for IAPP certification materials.
- A passion for creating and delivering outstanding certification products for practicing professionals
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project; experience with content development desired.
- Proven ability to work with a team in a fast-paced work environment with simultaneous projects
- Basic knowledge of information privacy valuable but not essential
- Available for some travel (approximately 10%), including international
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of three years’ experience in project management
- Most importantly, the ability and desire to learn new things
About the IAPP:
Working at the IAPP is an opportunity like no other. In addition to a competitive compensation package, including base salary, bonus and a full range of benefits, the IAPP offers a creative, supportive and flexible environment. Other perks include casual dress, a dog-friendly office, summer hours, and sabbaticals after seven years of service. We work in a “get-stuff-done” culture that values fun, excellence, balance, communication, respect, personal and professional growth, and an entrepreneurial attitude.
Application Submission Information:
Want to be part of our dynamic and rapidly growing organization? E-mail your resume, accompanied by a cover letter documenting how your experience fits our requirements, to Marla Berry, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pease International Tradeport
75 Rochester Ave., Suite 4
Portsmouth, NH 03801 USA
Phone: +1 603.427.9200